Attention magicians of all skill levels: It’s time to get your act together!
After being in magic for a few years, most enthusiasts acquire some repertoire – effects they can perform competently. While we spend a great deal of effort learning new tricks, we rarely take the time to organize our tricks into an effective act or “set.” Designing a three-trick set provides many benefits, including some you probably hadn’t thought of.
This Targeted Training session covers:
- The advantages of a three-trick set
- The function of each routine in a three-trick set
- Strategies for organizing a set
- Examples from Michael’s published repertoire
- Designing acts for various performance situations
- Expanding the three-trick set into a longer act
- Suggestions for stand-up and stage performers
- A discussion with Mac King on how his act developed
- Suggestions for further study and analysis
This training is designed for magicians of all skill levels.